[OM] Seriously OT - Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")

Subject: [OM] Seriously OT - Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:37:15 -0600
Joel, it's surprisingly easy.  Get yourself a copy of Adaptec's Easy CD
Creator Deluxe.  I assume you have a good sound card; if not, I'd probably
pick up a Diamond Multimedia 300.  Connect the turntable to the sound card
line in.  Use the Spin Doctor application in Easy CD Creator to capture the
tracks off the final.  Use CD Creator to burn your own CDs. The beauty of
Spin Doctor is that it 'descratches' and 'depops'.  Does an amazing job.

Just make sure you burn CD-R, not CD-RW as most audio CD drives won't read
CD-RW.

Write me privately if you want to discuss more.  I've taken to making copies
of all the CDs I buy and 'archiving' the original. Works great for the kid's
software too.  They can come up and say: "Daddy, our game won't play
anymore" and I can just burn'em a fresh copy.

Tom