Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticking with Film and Vinyl (was "OM to Digital")
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:56:03 EST
Joel,

My hub has an enormous vinyl collection (literally closets) that we just
aren't using like we should, and we  are in the midst of setting up to burn
CD's for everyday use. You have the major part, as you already have a CD
burner.

I have looked over various softwares and found about one from a
musician-friend....it's not professional software, but the company that makes
it (Adaptec) does have a very expensive professional version if you want to
go that far. I am more interested in the amateur version, called "EASY CD
CREATOR DELUXE EDITION".  The older versions come up on Ebay often, but be
aware they recently brought out version 4.0, so on Ebay a lot of them are
version 3.5. I don't really know what improvements came with version 4.0, but
it's around $89.99 new at Amazon, and roughly $78ish at discount urls and
roughly $40 on Ebay for the 3.5 version.

With your burner and a nice large hard drive on your end, and your
turnatable/stero on the other, this software allows you to drag-and-drop the
cuts from a menu straight over to your CD...nice and easy!

to see an old one listed on Ebay, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=274685907

here's Amazon'g description:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000028F1W/o/qid=952915053/sr=2-1/102-4
561326-9010456

Check this one out...I think it will save me HUNDREDS of hours switching from
medium to medium..
Susan

Susan Steele
Amherst, VA USA