[OM] om4...finally

Subject: [OM] om4...finally
From: Mark Staiger <Mark.Staiger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:02:01 +1100
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Wayne, and others that gave advice with testing the om4 battery
drain problem.....

I got the om4!!!! I went down there Friday nite, and took along the
microamp meter. I tested it but it looked to have the drain problem
as the current would not drop down from 0.050. Anyhow I almost
thought I'd leave it, then decided ah what the hell. Jason felt a bit
bad so he sold me the 50mm f1.4 for $50 and gave me a film. Anyway,
took it home and thought I'd retest it. It is fine, I just did not
wait long enough for the light meter to switch off or perhaps I kept
switching it on with movement. Anyhow it read 0.01-0.03 microamps so
its better than good!

The f1.4 does have some dust/grit inside, have you had anyone service
a lens? Was it costly? I also would like to get the om4 serviced
perhaps, and I think new focussing screen would be good as it seems a
scratched. Also the foam seals seem a bit worn and these might have
to be replaced. I have almost shot a film and look forward to the
results. What sort of "things" should be attended to when get a
service for an om4?

Anyone want an OM40/PC body?

Cheers, Mark