Re: [OM] buy/sell 350 2.8, 300 2.8, 500 4

Subject: Re: [OM] buy/sell 350 2.8, 300 2.8, 500 4
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:46:20 EST
Dear Ron--

Did you have a chance to look at the 350/2.8 already on eBay?  I know it
started at $1,999, but I don't know where it is now.  My guess from reading
the description and looking at the owner's web site (a real treat if you have
any interest in astrophotography) is that this lens has been well cared for.
If I had the money, I would bid on this one.  I believe this seller is in
(Northern?) California.  I don't have the auction number, but search under
"350mm / f2.8", I think.  It was pointed to by another list member, but I had
some trouble finding it later just using eBay searching.  Hope some of this
is useful.  Great luck on the Africa trip.  I hope we'll get to see some of
the results!  Which part of the continent are you going to?

Also, what are you asking for your items?  I have a 2X-A converter.  Is this
useful at all for the Sigma 500/4?  Thanks for any reply.

Regards,

Tom Moynihan
Dallas, TX