Re: [OM] OM4 problem?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 problem?
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:19:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, John Palmer wrote:

> I'm getting unsharp images. This is unheard of with Zuikos of course, so
> something must be wrong. I think the problem is that the focussing screen is
> misaligned and so the focussing is out of kilter, i.e. when it looks sharp
> in the finder, it isn't sharp on the film.

Hmm, If you have another focusing screen you could test this out.  Set
up the camera in a darkened room with the back removed and focus on a
bright object (e.g. a small torch bulb).  Now place the second screen
against the film rails, matte side towards the lens.  If the image
formed at the film plane is out of focus then your diagnosis is correct.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |