Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?

Subject: Re: [OM] experience with Sigma APO 400/5.6 & 70-210/2.8?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:13:13 -0800
While I can't comment on these Sigma lenses, I can say that I hand-hold
at 300mm all the time doing racing photography. While many shots are
panned, they can be straight on as well (or minimal panning) and I don't
find them to be _that_ bad for sharpness. In some cases, I do use a
monopod (always beyond 300mm). I find that 300mm is the limit for
hand-held work. I shoot 100 ISO Fuji Provia. (Though with the new Provia
F I may start to experiment with pushing a stop or two.) If the lens is
big and heavy (such as a 300 f2.8 obviously is) then hand holding
becomes very tiring very fast...break out the monopod.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
www.motorsportvisions.com