Re: [OM] Lens Advice Please (90mm or 100mm reasonably priced)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Advice Please (90mm or 100mm reasonably priced)
From: Daryl F Hurley <dhurley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:08:30 -0600
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:47:24 -0800 Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
> I've been thinking about aquiring a brand new or a 9 or better Zuiko
> 100mm/f2.8, a  Tamron
> 90/2.8, a Tamron 90/2.5, a 100mm/2.5 Vivitar Series 1 (if still
> available) or 90mm Tokina
> 2.5 macro (also if availble).

My experience is limited to the Zuiko 100/2.8, so I can't give you any
comments on the others.  I can only say that I don't see how you could be
disapointed by this lens in terms of performance.  Compact in size, not a
lot bigger than the 50mm's, a very sharp performer all around.  I love
mine.

Several of those you listed are Macro's.  If you don't need that feature,
why pay for it?  if you need it, but only rarely, the 100/2.8 may be used
with various macro accessories and the OM lineup certainly has no
shortage of those!

Two other Zuiko "portrait" lens you might consider, in slightly different
but useful, focal lengths are the 85/2 and the 135/2.8.

Or, you could be like the rest of us and just keep going till you have 1
of each.   ;-)

Daryl Hurley