[no subject]

From: Robin M Allen <rallen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:22:20 +0200 (EET)
Hello all

Here's some on topic questions.  I've recently acquired a T18 which I like
very much because it's so light and small and so far has not produced any
red-eye whilst on the camera shoe.  It doesn't have a test flash button.
How could I rig one up simply?

I've started looking for yoghurt pots to fit over the T18 as a diffuser but
so far to no avail.  I thought of maybe sewing a little white cloth bag to
fit over it instead.

I have a slave hot shoe which fires a non-OM pc type flash.  It has a
central connector in the middle of the shoe and another connector
surrounding this which also connects at the side where it slides on to the
flash.  I thought of trying out a T series on the slave but if I were to
connect it, the two non-central pins on the T series would both be connected
to the outer connector of the slave shoe.  I just wondered whether this
would hurt the T series flash and whether if I prevented the connection with
some tape would the flash fire on full power after triggering the slave?

I'd like to buy/make an FM radio remote winder switch or something which
acts like a cable release.  Can you buy these ready made?

I asked about a mains power supply for a T32 a while ago and while I was
thinking about it I found a used BG2 so it's on the back-burner now.

Are those Grip Straps really worth 101 USD? ebay Item #278328818.  Can you
still buy them new?  I thought about getting one but not for that price.

Back to work....sigh..

Robin M. Allen.