Re: [OM] Circular polarizers - slim version

Subject: Re: [OM] Circular polarizers - slim version
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:37:59 EST
In a message dated 2000-03-15 10:45:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jahudson@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Today I bought a slim B+H circular polarizer for my 24mm and 28mm lenses.
 never thought to ask or look to see whether it was threaded to take the
 particular lens's lens hood ...... alas it is not threaded at all!

 Does anyone have any experience of using the 24mm and 28mm lenses with a
 slim circular polarizer and no lens hood? ....... to what extent will the
 absence of a lens hood contribute to unwanted light getting into the lens?

 I feel kind of foolish asking the question but so far in my photo life I
 have always used a lens hood and have not experimented doing without one.

 jh

I have yet to try it, but I personally plan to try the new Pentax hood for
their 28F2.8 AF lens!

Alex