[OM] Re: [OT] Canon 85/1.2 (was OM4 problem?)

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canon 85/1.2 (was OM4 problem?)
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:43:26 -0000
Cc: "'john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi John,

you wrote:

>> I must confess to pangs of envy for the Canon 85mm f/1.2 though - imagine
>> that for stage work.

Mmmmm Hmmmmm!

That lens was also made in FD mount, so there would be no need to go the
whole wunderbrick route to use it, either.

There has been one in my local used camera shop for a few months (at 495
UKP)
and if I was still doing stage work (not for 10 years :-( ) I'd be really
tempted to get it and a used Canon MF body just to mount it on.

Remonds me of reading somewhere that many Contax users refer to the Zeiss
85/1.4 simply as The Lens.

But I love my Zuiko 85/2...

Regards,

Brian