[OM] Re: (null)

Subject: [OM] Re: (null)
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:26:54 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:37:55 +0200 (EET), Robin M Allen wrote:

>In a square in London, UK a man with a uniform came up to
>me whilst I was taking a picture of a nearby building with a hand held Zuiko
>200/4 and said that 'it's 150 GPB per hour to photograph in here and all
>parks in the borough of Westminster'.  There were two female Japanese
>tourists using a Nikon SLR just a few metres from me and he ignored them and
>all the other people taking pictures in the park.

I've run into that. If I show up with my vest, long lens, and bounce
flash, security will occasionally opt to hassle me while the fans
with their p&ses (who are crowded around the headliner making pests
of themselves while I stay further back trying tobe inconspicuous)
are free to shoot asmuch as they want.

Interestingly enough, if I tell them "I'm shooting for the paper"
they almost always leave me alone and seldom ask which one (I do
legitimately do some freelance work for a couple of local papers). On
the other hand, if I tell them I'm just a fan, just an amateur, or am
just shooting for myself, I get run off while the p&s crowd gets to
stay.

BBB

BBB
-