Re: [OM] A few small observations

Subject: Re: [OM] A few small observations
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:29:29 -0800
Tom Scales wrote,

====Adjust shutter and aperture until the needle is centered.
Take picture.  On the 3 (and the 4 for that
matter), you are relying on an LED display that is hard to read. Oh, I get
more information, like the shutter speed, in the viewfinder, but I have to
squint to read it, even if I turn on the light.  On the 1, it was just
easier.  Comments/thoughts?======

I am quite comfortable using manual myself but...
with manual you are setting the exposure according to what light is
striking the meter, including from the eyepiece.  It never was a problem
with
prints but there is a margin of error.
With auto you are selecting an aperture and the ttl will take care of
exact exposure.  The display is only general to the shutter speed actually
used.
I love them both but being able to use the camera without batteries is a big
plus
sometimes.  If I had a 3 I would never part with it.

Charlie L.
Off to California for the weekend