RE: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1514

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1514
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:38:23 -0500
William,
One way I've found to "work around" this is to buy another Tamron adapter
and mount it on the TC.
Then all you have to do is remove the adapter on the back of the lens.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry for this confusing (mis-)information. I own the TAMRON
2.5/90mm. (And thanks to Gary Reese the 1:1 (2x) adapter also. If you are
shootiung with te lens attached to the body and you want to go closer than
1:2 you have to:
- dismount lens
- dismount OM adapter from lens
- mount OM adapter to 1:1 adapter
- mount 1:1 adapter to lens
- mount complete set to body again

I have done this a few times but I feel the handling is so troublesome that
I will probably never again mount the 1:1 adapter to the lens. I am always
affrain of damaging either the lens, the 1:1 adapter or the Om Mount
adapter.