Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:04:25 -0600
On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 12:44:35PM -0600, Samuel Morales wrote:
> Moreover, a passenger is forbidden from entering a cockpit and especially
> forbidden from taking of photographs while in flight.  This is a major
> violation of an FAR.

Passengers entering the cockpit is indeed violation of the FARs, part 121.
Can you cite a section of the FARs that prohibits taking pictures in flight?
I haven't read FAR 121 in a while, but I don't recall seeing it in
there...and that, as well as parts 91 and 67, govern airline operations.

(The prohibition against operating electronic devices aboard an aircraft in
flight without the permission of the aircraft's master - for private
aircraft, the pilot, for airliners, the airline - is in FAR 91. Whether you
think it's silly or not, I don't want to screw up the reading on the ILS on
an approach in IMC, and you don't either; further, electronics puts out the
most amazing kinds of electronic crud across the spectrum. Just ask someone
who does EMI testing for a living. I have - the guy's a pilot, and HE
doesn't think it's a good idea to fire up most electronic devices during
critical phases of flight either.)