Re: [OM] Olympus OM-3Ti and OM-4Ti Mirror Lock Up

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-3Ti and OM-4Ti Mirror Lock Up
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 13:45:29 -0600
At 07:18 PM 3/17/2000 -0300, you wrote:
>According to a recent Popular Photography test about
>mirror lock up, the Olympus OM-4Ti doesn't have one,
>but I believe it has a 10 seconds self timer with MLU.
>The Olympus OM-3Ti may have it too.
>

>Rodrigo Gimenez

It doesn't. Bummer. (Like I could afford one anyway ...)

On the OM-4Ti not having the moral equivalent of MLU in the self-timer:
this is an affront that many Zuiks chided Keppler for, for two reasons, 1)
we routinely use the self-timer precisely for MLU/aperture stopdown, and 2)
he praised a couple other cameras for having self-timer/MLU when the only
difference between the OM-2S/4T self-timer is a few seconds to firing.  It
would be nice if one could select a shorter time to fire on the OM-2S/4T
self-timer, but I don't like being told my MLU/stopdown solution is not
what in fact it is.  It's not perfect but it works very well.  Which is why
I'd like same on the OM-3Ti I can't afford  :-(

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA