Re: [OM] Silver Ring lens on Om-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Silver Ring lens on Om-1
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 06:09:49 -0800 (PST)
  I dont think it's silly at all! The early OM-1 is
definitly a "classic", especially without shoe#1
attached. I have a chrome OM-1 and 3 older silver nose
lenses, a 35/2 50/1.8 and 100/2.8 and I think this
combo in a small canvas bag still wins the "best
looking" contest. A few other things; this is my
quietest OM, the best chrome job, and the smoothest
advance. Return with us now to those thrilling days of
yesterdayear when we shifted our own gears, spooled
our own Tri-x, souped our own film and picked our own
exposures. Meter! We ain't got no time to look at no
stinking meter, we're wild and woolly street
phothgraphers....we're..we're...."John,  John,  wake
up," hun what "You were daydreaming agin" Oh, sorry,
never mind. My lovely wife just came in with a cup of
coffee. I'm awake and I have to go now, bye.