[OM] metz flashes and OM-1N, OM-2000

Subject: [OM] metz flashes and OM-1N, OM-2000
From: "Michael Decoteau" <majk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:16:54 -0500
Hi!  Does anyone have experience with Metz flash units and OM-1N and OM-2000
cameras?  I am considering something in the 32Z or 40MZ-i series and am
trying to figure out -- given the very manual nature of these cameras --
what ends up working in practice and what doesn't.  Their literature claims
the 321 SCA module will get you indicator lights in the OM-1N viewfinder,
but it doesn't mention the OM-2000 -- I suspect this may be a different
animal -- is the 321 module even appropriate for it?

I will be using this mostly with the 35-80 2.8 Zuiko (my favorite lens since
I got it last year) and would like to have something that would work well on
both bodies if possible.  Also of concern is that these flashes have many
features that are probably very convenient with a automatic / autofocus
Canon or Nikon, but I want to make sure I get a flash that is manageable and
convenient using a zoom with a manual camera.  If anyone's found a good
combination or can tell me that I'm barking up the wrong tree I would sure
like to hear their opinions!

Thanks!

-Mike