Re: [OM] Age of a black Om1 body

Subject: Re: [OM] Age of a black Om1 body
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:22:27 -0700
At 07:54 AM 3/19/00 -0800, John Hudson wrote:

>I have the serial number of a black OM1 body. Where can I look to determine
>the date of manufacture?

John:

I don't know if the black bodies followed the same numbering scheme as the
chrome ones.  Also, I'm unaware of any list of dates for manufacture, and if
memory serves, more than one person has asked Oly Japan for info on this topic,
to which Oly personnel have replied "We don't have that info."

However, if it'll help, I have a chrome body, serial number 2191XXX (always
blank out the last few digits when posting serial numbers -- keeps fraud
down!), which I *know* was purchased new in 1987.  Good luck!

Garth