[OM] Shady ideas

Subject: [OM] Shady ideas
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:00:55 -0500 (EST)
  I was looking at the 40/2, 85/2, 100/2.8 shade, and figured out how
it manages to work well on such a variety of lenses. The secret lies
in the diameter of the front element, which can vary greatly.
  It's not just the angle of view of the lens, but its diameter also.
Think about this: The 85/2 has  the larger diameter front element. The
shade works perfectly well there. The 40/2 has a much smaller ft. element
diameter, so even though the angle of view is much wider, the shade still
works perfectly.
  I have a feeling it may even work with the 35/2.8. I'll test it soon,
just to see.
                                            *= Doris Fang =*