Re: [OM] Delaminating

Subject: Re: [OM] Delaminating
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:28:41 +0000
Delaminating is another term for element seperation.  In many lenses some
single elements are formed by gluing two individual elements together with
an opticly transparent glue.  Such composites are called groups.  You can
tell if an lens has such groups as the specifications for it list fewer
groups than elements.

If what you are seeing is on the front of the lens it is unlikely to be
delamination.  If these mirror spots appear to be inside the element and
reflect light the way air bubbles do underwater then it might well be
delamination.

It could only be fixed by replacing the group if the part is still
available.

The value of the lens might not make this an economic proposition.

Giles