Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter

Subject: Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:16:10 -0600
Giles, can you elaborate? Is it not the shutter along with aperture setting
that controls exposure? if you change one, you must change the other.  But
then would could say the meter is the culprit here, because the meter
determines the shutter or aperture you will use.

I did not use a hand held meter.  I took the readings straight off the
camera meter.  I shot the 4T in auto.

The question was,  "what is the difference between mechanical shutter versus
electronic" ?.  I would think the question leads to which shutter is the
better.

I also gave different scenarios to where an electronic might have the
advantage.

What is your Opinion Giles?  Have you done any similar test comparisons and
what were your results?

I am certainly not implying that one is better than the other, it is all
subjective or relative.  Perhaps in your inference, people chose the OM-1
photo's because of composition.  The only notable difference was in the
density of the negatives and how the front honeycomb grill looked in the
print of the OM-1.

Thanks Sam....