Re: [OM] film longevity

Subject: Re: [OM] film longevity
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:52:53 +0100
Yo,

on Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:23:15 -0500 (EST), John A. Prosper wrote:

>John Shaw, me ;-)) do it.  In camera dupes are cheaper and higher
>quality than out camera dupes.  Of course, if you want to make
>alterations (color tweaks, etc.), you're back to the out camera dupe
>work.

Not to mention some of my most favorite subjects: fireworks, (especially
nighttime or twilight) shots of amusement park rides in motion, moving
traffic by night....
Only way I can figure to get two near-identical shots of this kind of
subject would be to use two cameras with identical lenses on tripods set up
closely together and fired simultaneously. OTOH I mainly use negative
material for this because of its obvious advantages for low-light shots, so
there's no need for slide dupes.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--