Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mm vs 135mm 4.5? AND 80mm???

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 90mm vs 135mm 4.5? AND 80mm???
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:33:35 +1100
William Wagenaar wrote

> I am so sorry for this confusing (mis-)information. I own the TAMRON
> 2.5/90mm. (And thanks to Gary Reese the 1:1 (2x) adapter also. If you are
> shooting with the lens attached to the body and you want to go closer than
> 1:2 you have to:
>
> I have done this a few times but I feel the handling is so troublesome that
> I will probably never again mount the 1:1 adapter to the lens.

I bought this same lens LNIB with all the packaging and instructions.
The 1:1 adaptor that came in the box is just an extension tube.
The 2x flat-field adaptor (which I also own, bought separately)
is a different item. As far as I know, it is matched to the
Tamron macro zoom, not the 90. Because the 1:1 adaptor is just an
extension tube, you could use OM tubes instead.

Tubes are a nuisance and I would always rather have
a lens that focuses closely by itself. Modern macro lenses
go to 1:1 without tubes. The Zuiko 90mm f/2 doesn't, but is
a stop faster.