Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Photography in "public" places -Reply
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <o9938156@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:03:14 -0800
>What isn't allowed is using a camera on landing and take-off, because
>it could become a missile in a mishap. If turbulence is expected
>they might want you to put your camera away too. Perhaps some
>airlines are paranoid about CAT.
>
>The Space Shuttle carries cameras and ordinary laptops, so I
>think the hash argument might be just that.

Ah yes, but I know from experience that those "ordinary" laptops
have to pass _very_ stringent EMI (electromagnetic interference)
requirements in order to get them on board the Shuttle.

I'm sure there is some justification to limiting the use of
electronic gadgets on board airplanes, but I would worry a bit if
the very large and expensive machine that I'm riding in could be
brought down by something using a few AA batteries!

Mark Marr-Lyon