[OM] Zuikoholism Relapse; U.S. Midwest Bracing for Possible Epidemic

Subject: [OM] Zuikoholism Relapse; U.S. Midwest Bracing for Possible Epidemic
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:46:54 +0000
Succumbed to severe relapse the disease again Sunday.  This afternoon a
24/2, 135/2.8, 200/4, and 2xA (to go with the 135 and 200) arrived.  All
the primes are "MC" (there were SC versions of these also).  Nice . . .
very nice . . . all 9+ to 10- condition.  Always had slower telephoto
lenses before.  Ooooh, how nicely come into focus with a faster tele.  I
can only imagine what happens with the very fast f/2 and f/2.8 long teles.

Also found a 0.15X fisheye converter in LN- condition.  Screwed onto the
front of a 50mm it makes a 7.5mm circular fisheye out of it.  The Zuiko 8mm
fisheye is very hard to find for sale, and when I have seen them they're
well beyond my budget for a single, specialized lens.  Had never looked at
the world through a fisheye before.  Gives a very different view.  You can
see your toes in the bottom of the frame along with the ceiling, walls and
everything else not well behind the lens.  Focus, focus, we don't need no
stinking focus!  Put the 50mm on infinity and everything six inches (10 cm)
and farther is in focus.

I am going to have great fun this weekend burning some silver halide!

Oops, gotta answer the phone.  Who?  Center for Disease Control, Atlanta?
Zuik-what?  (Uh-Oh)

-- John
Who thanks everyone who contributed to the thread about how to evade
detection when a relapse occurs.