Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter

Subject: Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 09:52:33 +0800

Mark Marr-Lyon wrote:

> The exposure time can be measured by only using one sensor, which I've
> already done.  There is a definite deviation in exposure time between
> the left and right sides of the shutter, which is why I want to measure
> the curtain speeds.  I can infer that the closing curtain is moving
> faster than the opening curtain, since the exposure time is smaller
> on the left (from the back) side of the shutter, but I can't tell what
> the actual errors are in each curtain.  Two sensors (at least) are
> necessary to do this, and I was trying to figure out how far apart to
> mount them to get the times specified in the repair manual.
>
> I realize that I'm probably splitting hairs about this, but I'm also
> having fun doing it :)
>
> Mark Marr-Lyon

I also want to find a way to measure the curtain speeds, but I can't
figure out how to do (even I know how to make it, I wonder I will pick
up the soldering iron again). When I found the exposure deviation of
left and right side is higher than 0.3 stops I will adjust the curtain
by trial and error, in most case it works but it takes time and
patience.

C.H.Ling