Re: [OM] Delaminating

Subject: Re: [OM] Delaminating
From: lgriffin@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:37:06 -0800
Thanks for all the answers. I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll have
the local shop look at it if doesn't amount to the cost of buying another lens.
John H.s' answer is what I'd anticipate, and expect. Vaughan and Mikes' answer
are approbiate also. The difference between the two may be the material used to
glue the elements together, one leaving a cloudy residue and the other a
silvery reflectance when separated. My lens doesn't quite
fit, there are about 6 spots on 300f the lens. Spots don't seem to fit, unless
there was air left in the bond. Now Brian says that silver is OK! 8-)  I'll
suck up some photons tomorrow with it and try to get a near shot to the sun to
see if there is any effect. I'll let you know.

Regards,
Larry