Re: Shutter testing was(Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter)

Subject: Re: Shutter testing was(Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter)
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:51:31 +0800
Mike,

you are right, we can start counting when the first diode see the
light and then stop when the second see the light. For the second
curtain just reverse the bright trigger to dark trigger (or convert to
AC pulse trigger then no need to care about polarity). I just haven't
thought of using very slow shutter speed (or even "B") to isolate the
second curtain's influence.

0.001s tol. means around 8%, it is a bit high, but what is the reason
for such tol.? May be I can find some sensors from my drawer to do
some experiment.... oh! no! I have just thrown away the frequency
count that I built in 1980 when we moved to a new house, otherwise I
can covert it to a time interval counter and start to play with it.

C.H.Ling