Re: [OM] Fwd: That $5,555 lens shade--news

Subject: Re: [OM] Fwd: That $5,555 lens shade--news
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:41:17 -0800
Hi Skip:

Thanks for the follow-up information you posted!  I was beginning to
feel like the only firm believer in the bunch. Failure to recognize the
importance of the Japanese collectables market has resulted in some
significant revenue loss for American used camera dealers.  Just imagine
where Roger Reinke discovered the lens hood . . .

>From the Leica List posting:

>I just spoke to Roger Reinke, the gentleman who sold the $5,555 Nikon
>lens hood. He confirmed that the buyer is a previous customer of his,
>with a sterling reputation,

One of those previous sales to the same buyer was a Nikon M ever-ready
case for nearly $500. Folks may recognize the Nikon M as Nippon Kogaku's
second rangefinder camera ca. 1950.

OM content (actually M-series content): MANY of the early OM System
components were produced in exceeding low numbers with M-system
markings. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be talking
increasing LARGE valuations in the future for these early Olympus items
as collectables.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV