Re: Shutter testing was(Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter)

Subject: Re: Shutter testing was(Re: [OM] mechanical and electrical shutter)
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:25:25 -0800
Dirk wrote:

I guess it doesn't matter what the plug polarity is in this case? ie,
which terminal of the plug is positive and which is negative?

Dirk,
        I had to play around a bit to figure which lead went where on both the
photo diodes and the sound plug.  I just kept changing the lead
arrangement until I had a wave pattern that matched the one on the web
site.  Now that it is working I don't mess with it except to change the
battery.  If there is enough interest I could work up an ascii schematic
but basically I followed the schematic on the web site and doubled it to
have two channels.

I hope this helps,

Mike Butler
Dublin, California