Re: [OM] tripods!

Subject: Re: [OM] tripods!
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:22:58 EST

> The main thing that bothers me about it is that it is very hard to
>  secure a camera to it. What I mean is that the screw for fastening the
>  camera is very difficult to get tight. You'll think it's tight, then
>  bump the camera and it will move relative to the mounting plate.

If you want to keep this tripod it sound like time to buy a quick release for
it.  Drill and tap two holes through the mount for the camera. After you
attach the quick release, use those two holes to insert screws so that the
quick release won't rotate on you. The Bogen columns have this feature and it
works well. Or you can just epoxy the quick release mount to the column.

Warren