Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions

Subject: Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 11:56:55 -0600
>I've just received a submission set from a gentleman who doesn't want his
name used, but wants to publish his images under a pseudonym.

Throw the bum out!  <g>

Seriously, I think it cheapens the gallery.  Without a name to go with the
images it takes away any credibility to the images.  What next?  Including
pictures taken with N*k*ns or C*n*ns?  Submitting to the Gallery is
strictly an optional thing and is a wonderful service provided by Garth.
If someone chooses to not participate fully with the defacto requirements
(name, camera data, etc.) then they are choosing not to be involved.

Then the issue of copyrights come into play.  Unless you have registered
your Pseudoname it could be construded as entering the photos into the
public domain.  If the photos have been previously published and the person
is attempting to hide that fact somehow then even more problems are
possible.  Same goes for agency representation.  I wouldn't dream of
submitting photos into the gallery that would be in conflict with stock
agency rules.

There are plenty of "Named" photos available in the gallery that I look at,
enjoy, and learn from.  Although I might "look" at a photo without a name
to go along with, I won't give it much time or credibility.  For all I know
they were scans of photographs out of a calendar.

If the goal is to keep out of search engines then a slight modification of
the name might be acceptable such as Ke_n N_orton.  But a Psuedoname is not
acceptable.  IMHO.

K@n Nort@n

Go Michigan State!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhh., my wife is chearing for Iowa State.  It will be a wild time in the
house during that game!