Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions

Subject: Re: [OM] A Question about Oly Gallery submissions
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:25:18 -0800
At 08:12 AM 3/24/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, I have a problem, and I'd like the List members to weigh in with
their thoughts.

>I've just received a submission set from a gentleman who doesn't want his
name used, but wants to publish his images under a pseudonym.  (I assume
that this means that he doesn't want any indication of where he's from,
either.)  The submissions are generally of a good quality (though the scans
will need a lot of tweaking to clean them up), and display a good eye and
good judgment, at least in my opinion.  Unusually, though, he has included
a readily-identifiable photo of himself, even though he requests
pseudonymity otherwise.

>Personally, my initial reaction was that I wasn't interested in
pseudonymous/anonymous submissions -- I consider the Gallery one more way
of emphasizing a sense of community amongst Oly users in general (and List
members in particular), and I think it's difficult to cater to that
community sense with a pseudonymous submission set.

My 2 cents -- think you said it all right there.

Barry H