[no subject]

From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [OM] 6v source for T-10 modeling lights
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:56:44 +0100

:Can I used any AC to 6v DC converter with the appropriate plug
:to get the
:modeling lights to work?  I was thinking about going to Radio
:Shack or just
:finding an AC to 6v DC power supply from a CD player or other portable
:electronic device.

Not any. Cheap "6V" converters may be uns*tablelized and can have outputs
of no less than 9V. You need a stablelized transformer that has an output
of 5 or 6V. I use the converter of my Zip drive that allows high current:
1000 mA (1A) and also has the right plug. It is powerful enough to feed
both heads of the T28 macro twin. It is also very easy to build your own
battery pack.

hnz