Re: [OM] om2sp

Subject: Re: [OM] om2sp
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 00:52:02 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rikard Björklind" <rikard.bjorklind.4077@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 3:43 AM

> Okay, I've found some cheap silver oxide cells, I'm gonna buy them tomorrow.
> I had no idea that alkalines could cause incorrect meter readings on an OM-2,

Hej Rikard

I think one of the cheapest ways of buying those 357's in Sweden is at a Clas
Ohlson shop. Last time I checked I think they sold them for about 100 SEK for a
set of 10.

> By the way, I didn't get an instructionbook for the camera,

You can find a manual at the Sw photo dealer Second Hand Photo. He has both new
Sw
OM-2SP manuals for 80 SEK and used one's for 60 SEK. Check out
http://www.secondhandphoto.se/prislist.asp
You can also contact Olympus Sweden Bildmästarna at 040-18 04 60 about a manual.
They usually cost less than 50 SEK, but there might only be photo copies
available
now of the OM-2SP manual. Once they even send me a manual for free!

> One last thing, is it possible att all to find the 2-13 focusing screen
> anywhere? I've searched at every dealer I could think of. Does Olympus
> manufacture them any longer?
> Thanx for all the answers everyone,
> /Rikard.B

I bought a new 2-13 screen a couple of years ago for my OM-2SP, and I just went
my local photo shop which (at this time at least) still had some contact with
Olympus Sweden. Thanks to advice from our fellow list member Ulf Westerberg I
knew
that I had to be persistent about the existence of the 2-series screens, since
their Oly catalogs only showed the 1-series. Ulf had also adviced me to demand
pay no more than the price of the 1-series screens, and this I did. I think the
price was 460 SEK then. If your local photo store does not have any contact with
Olympus Sweden Bildmästarna you can contact them directly.

Hope this was of some help

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--
- "Is anyone able to explain to me how modern SLR autofocus cameras work?"

- "Sporadically."