[OM] full page dragonfly -Reply

Subject: [OM] full page dragonfly -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:56:39 -0500
Yes, I did see this shot.  There's no reason you couldn't get results like this
with Oly macro kit. I'd probably use the 135/4.5 on the auto tube, but then I'm
enamored of this lens. The beautiful greens and artistic composition of the
grass immediately reminded me of Shaw's work. I was surprised to see his book is
unavailable, although I myself bought it on close out last summer. It's a top
seller, so I think it's just sold out temporarily. If your looking for a loan of
the book, then library is an obvious choice, that's where I first got it. I
usually try to find books at the library before deciding to buy them, if at all
possible. Besides being cheap, it let's you try before you  buy.  Here in
Denver, we can telnet into the CARL library catalogue over the Net and look
up/reserve books online,, sweet!

>>> Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/26/00 07:33pm >>>
Has anyone seen the Spring 2000 issue of The Nature Company Catalog? There is a
fantastic full page shot of a dragonfly on the cover with detail that seems to
go well beyond the limits of the reproduction format. Can an OM with a 90/2 do
that? Can any 35mm format setup do it?

Does anyone have a copy of the out-of-print book Shaw's "Closeups in Nature"
that you would sell or loan to me?

FYI I've found some good macro web sites:
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/8983/index.html
http://troyb.com/photo/index.htm
http://www.sphoto.com/
http://www.photo.net/photo/macro.html