Re: [OM] Olympus Photo contest

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Photo contest
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:04:11 -0600 (CST)
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:47:11 -0500, Scott Nelson wrote:

> ...until I read that ALL entries become
>the property of Olympus and they gain the copyright. I've always felt any photo
>contest that does this is really shabby. It's too bad, as this contest features
>images made exclusively with Olympus gear. I certainly wouldn't enter. Would
>you?

I think we've discussed this before.

I don't have a problem in the world with Olympus claiming rights to
my left leg, as long as its up front about it, and I can make an
informed decision about whether to participate.

And, FWIW, I'd consider throwing away rights to one picture in return
for exposure. I've given up far more with some of my recordings.

BB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx