Re: [OM] PX625 battery source

Subject: Re: [OM] PX625 battery source
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:09:32 -0500
Garth Wood wrote:

> At 09:19 AM 3/26/00 -0500, Matt BenDaniel wrote:
> >I found a U.S. source for real PX625 batteries ($5 each), a guy named
> >Maravelis. Any reason I should avoid purchasing from him?
>
> Only that $5.00 U.S. sounds like *way* too much -- Hell, they're $5.95 CDN in
> the premium stores here in town, and they can be had for less than that!  And
> remember, Canada is the home of "everything here costs more than the exchange
> rate implies 'cause we have crappy distributors."  ($5.95 CDN is about $4.06
> U.S. at today's interbank exchange rate...).
>
> Garth

If they are Mercury PX625 cells, $5 is not a bad price here in the US.
The environazis have been able to ban them here so they bring a premium
when they are available.

I have no experience with the seller here, but be sure that they are
MERCURY cells and not the current alkaline cells.

Bob

--
                   //////
                  ( 0 0 )