Re: [OM] (OM) Scanner Volunteers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Scanner Volunteers
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:24:11 -0500
Here is the list of scanner volunteers.  It includes two new and one deleted
name.
> giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  (Current as of March 29, 2000)
>
> Thanks, Gregg
>

> I can scan film: negs or slides. I don't own a flatbed scanner, so I can't
> do scans from prints.  Glad to help if I can.  (I'm still willing but not
> able between March 24 and April 6 as I'll be on the road.)
>
> Joel Wilcox
> Iowa City, Iowa USA
> jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> B&W or color, negative or positive, or prints up to 5x7 inches in size.  I
> use an HP Photosmart. It scans at 2400 dpi for film and a very humble 300
> dpi for prints.  Send me a message off-line at
> petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> for snail mail details.
>
> John Petrush
> South Carolina
>

> Any prints to:
>
> Siddiq
> 1626 Ford St.
> Redlands, CA 92373-7131
>

> Tom Moynihan
> P. O. Box 224092
> Dallas, TX   75222-4092
>
> I have an HP PhotoSmart scanner for slides and negs and prints up to 5x7.
> Plus an HP5p flatbed scanner for larger prints.
>
> Charles Packard
> 806 Garden Woods Dr.
> Birmingham, AL 35244
> packardc@xxxxxxxxx
> http://www.scott.net/~packardc
>

> I can do prints, negs or slides.
>
> Mike Butler
> Chief Mechanic / Engineer
> Team FCAR
> http://home.earthlink.net/~teamfcar/
> Dublin, California
>
> I use a flatbed scanner with a transparency adapter so in theory I can do
> negatives and slides as well, but in practice only a small percentage of
> these turn out really well.
>
> Keith Berry keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
> 50 Brantley Road
> Birmingham B6 7DR
>

> I am happy to scan for ADITL2 also.  I doubt whether it would be
economical
> for anyone to send me stuff from outside Australia though.
>
> Wayne Harridge
2 The Ridgeway
Ivanhoe
Vic 3079
Australia
wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxx
 http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/

> I have a recently-acquired Minolta Scan Dual so I can volunteer to scan
> slides for the UK and Eire.  SAEs and re-usable packaging would expedite
the
> returns process considerably.  I can send full-resolution JPEGs on floppy
> along with the returned slide, if anyone wants them.
>
> Brian Windrim
> 3F3
> 46 Jordan Lane
> Edinburgh
> EH10 4QX
>

> LS-2000 working + photoshop.
>
> Wayne Shumaker
> 86 Downey St
> Hopkinton, MA 01748
> h: 508-435-0939
> w: 978-656-4714
>

> Please note that *free* scanning services are available for low volume
> personal use only. Do e-mail or call me prior to submission of your C-41
> negs or chromes.
>
> Sean Chan
> c/- DSM Group Pty. Ltd.
> PO Box 1493,
> West Perth, 6872,
> WESTERN AUSTRALIA
> E-mail: sean@xxxxxxxxxx
> Tel No: +61 500-888-117 (International)
>                   0500-888-117 (Australia)
>

> LS-2000 working + photoshop + Epson Perfection 636 flatbed scanner as
well.

> Wayne Shumaker
> 86 Downey St
> Hopkinton, MA 01748
> h: 508-435-0939
> w: 978-656-4714
> shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> I'm asking that anyone sending me a neg/tranny/print drop me an email or
> phone call to let me know they're doing so so I don't accidentally throw
> their shots out with the junk mail.
>
> Dave Bulger
> 1411 Gracy Farms #16
> Austin, TX 78758
> (512) 567-2286
> dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Since I am moving soon I don't have much time at the moment but up to 10
> photo's I can manage (prints only however)  (Note: This address was from
> January so I don't know if it is accurate.  Gregg)
>
> Wiliam Wagenaar
> Gruttostraat 8
> 4332 CG Middelburg
> the Netherlands

I currently have a Nikon LS20
(Coolscan 2) for slides & negs, though I'm not wildly impressed with its
performance with slides, and a Umax S6E flatbed which, though a few
years old now is perfectly adequate for web-page sized images from 6x4"
to A4 sized prints.

I'd prefer that anyone wanting to exploit my offer contacts me by email
first, either at

Ian A Nichols
i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx (this address) or
iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.