Re: [OM] Olympus Photo contest

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Photo contest
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 31 Mar 2000 14:09:00 +1000
Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the
'Net and spake thusly:

> The competition fee is only $20 for up to 5 prints, but
> how much does each entry cost the photographer to prepare?

More time, money and effort than I had (at the time).  I didn't enter.

> I'd guess
> that they expect 11x14 or 12x16 prints matted, mounted and framed to
> 16x20 or 20x24... and I'd estimate easily the photographer easily

It was 8x10" or smaller unmounted.

> This whole competition thing is a trap for younger players -- and
> ownership of the copyright is the least of the problem.

I see your point.

Personally, I'm not in it for the appreciation of others---I don't
even have a personal WWW site.

> People don't
> realise how expensive photography is to do...

In my case I count the cost as "nearly as expensive as the therapy I'd
need if I didn't get out of the office and away from this bloody computer
once in a while". :-)

cjb.

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |