[OM] TOPE 1: cut-off date

Subject: [OM] TOPE 1: cut-off date
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 00:04:12 PST
Hi guys,

O.k., a small TOPE update:

Yesterday I tweaked the ADITL3 scripts a bit and it seems it doesn't take too much effort to make them fit the TOPE events. Consequently, I plan the initial launch to be this Wednesday, April 5th.

Therefore, in order to have your submission included in the initial launch, I need to have your picture on Tuesday, April 4th at latest.

Anything sent in after that date will still make it to the page, but just not in the initial launch.

I myself still have to scan my own submission, so I have to plan that for the weekend or so. :) Also, the HTML-ing and making graphics will take some time, so I hope to be able to meet my self-imposed deadline...

Regarding the amount of initial entries: so far I have received 13 of them (not incl. my own), and I know some 2-3 more will come over the coming 2 weeks or so. It would be really great to see more submissions though, I personally wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of self-portraits either, but now that I've seen the pictures I can inform you that it's a nice collection, and it's indeed fun to put faces to the names we always see on the list! :)))

So, I encourage you all to make the first (and the rest too of course! ;) ) of the TOPE events an equally big success as the ADITL ones.

Then, another (minor) update: I decided to stick with Acer's "interpretation" of what TOPE stands for, so now the TOPE acronym officially stands for: Themed Olympus Photo Exhibition.

That's all for now...

Cheerz!
Olafo