Re: [OM] light leak

Subject: Re: [OM] light leak
From: "Jodi Jakeway" <jjakeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:00:00 -0500
I do notice a slight flex to the camera back.  I use Kodak Tri-X and Ilford
HP5+ b&w and develop my own (at home I use D-76 developer, at school Ilford
ID-11).  Perhaps my changing bag has a leak, as two rolls I did at school
have no marks.  Would a leak in the changing bag cause the intermittent
streaks along the sprocket holes?  It would seem I would get density all
over the images.  I shot a roll yesterday with black tape on the back in a
scientific process (or so I thought).  I taped the top 1/3 of the camera
back and shot 4 pics (seemed like enough to go from cassette to take-up),
then I taped the middle third and shot 4 more.  Did this for 36 pics ending
with taping the entire top and bottom for the last 4 pics.  I developed (at
home) and still have intermittent streaks that don't correspond to anything.
I took the tape off before rewinding, maybe I should shoot a roll and rewind
with it totally taped up?   Must be the bag?  I'll shoot a roll and develop
at the school lab Saturday.....hope that's all it is.
Thanks for all the great responses from Garth, Keith & Shawn.