Re: [OM] Ring flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Ring flash
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:12:37 EST

> I have a Vivitar 55mm 2.8 macro(1:1) and I wanted to buy a ring flash. But
>  unfortunatly, my lens have a 62mm diametre and the t-10 only fits on 49
>  55mm...
>
>  Is there anyway I can fix the t-10 to my lens? Any other suggestions?

You can try a step down ring but I would think that you would get vignetting.
The only ring flash that I know of that fits a 62mm filter size would be the
Sunpak 12X, which is TTL but also very expensive.  A less expensive
alternative would be to buy a new Vivitar 100/3.5 or used Tamron 90/2.5 which
have 49mm filter size.  Then you could use the T-10.  Going down in price
there is a Nissin TTL ringflash and Vivitar/Phoenix nonTTL ring flash.

Warren