Re: [OM] One Moment Photo Contest - OM photo contest

Subject: Re: [OM] One Moment Photo Contest - OM photo contest
From: Wayne Shumaker <wayne@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:30:48 -0500
Acer, always the pertinent questions. Great.

I will scan in the HCB photo and post later. I'm sure there are others.
Register with me. <shumaker<at>ma.ultranet.com>

As to what inspired this, might be more personal than I may willing to
go on a public list. Reading statements made by Henri Cartier-Bresson
struck a chord to me that indicated he had a deeper understanding of
life that he could capture in a moment. I read Carl Jung back in
college in the 70's. I never knew who took that picture until recenly.
I pondered that photo often. There is a feeling one gets from certain
photos that register in our being - deeper than just emotion. How can I
define it? One of the reasons for me getting back into photography was
to help me learn how to see. It is a path of self-discovery. HCB
implies that seeing is an aspect of the heart. I thought it would be a
neat idea to promote that. One of the practices I have been trying is
to allow myself to really be in tune with the surrounding and let the
photo reveal itself to me. I don't think HCB could have made that photo
if he had not have some sense of the presence of Carl Jung. That is a
level of seeing I would like to strive for.

Judges. My own thoughts would be to select a few respected list
members. Photos would not be reveal until the results are announced.
That was the thought in my mind.

Choice of 35-80/2.8? could be 90/2, 21/2 .... I like the 35-80 myself.

Wayne