Re: [OM] The Death of Film -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] The Death of Film -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 18:26:50 -0500
Ther are two kinds of people:

Those who have a backup and those who wish they did.

>>> "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx> 03/30/00 04:32pm >>>

Woe betide any poor souls who rely on digital media entirely.  'Oh dear we
had a hard drive crash lastr night and all our wedding photos,
pictures of the kids with mom and pop when they were stiil with us, the
kids growing up - all gone!'

I recently got hold of a trunk full of family photos, many  going back to
the last century, and I don't mean that starting with 1900.  I dread to
imagine what I would have, or more likely wouldn't, if digital media had
been used back then for image capture and storage, particularly magnetic
based media.

I will stick to silver halide photography, and I have no problems with
being a member of a small minority.

Giles