Re: [OM] Bellows leaks

Subject: Re: [OM] Bellows leaks
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:46:58 -0400

To:       olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From:     Steven Read/CAM/Lotus @ NOTES@ALPHABETA
Date:     04/02/2000 09:46:58 PM

Get thee into a dark place and shine a small flashlight inside the bellows (but
a body cap over one end perhaps) and look for light leaking out.  Usual remedy
is black cloth tape though sometimes, especially with pin pricks you can daub
stuff on (but since I can't for the life of me remember what the usual "daub"
substance is I'll stop there).

Might not be the bellows, in fact to me it doesn't sound like it is.  Try
setting up the camera/bellows/lens again then play with that flashlight while
partly disassembling (e.g. try removing the camera but leave the lens on and
vice versa).  My first thought was that you might have the bellows mounts loose?

* * * Previous Memo History * * *

From:  "Dave Bulger" <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> @ ALPHABETA

How do I isolate and repair a light leak in my bellows?