[OM] Fwd: [Man vs. Bear]

Subject: [OM] Fwd: [Man vs. Bear]
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 3 Apr 00 00:37:01 EDT

http://webmail.netscape.com.
--- Begin Message ---
Subject: Man vs. Bear
From: JPMashak@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 21:08:52 EDT

  The Alaska Department of Fish and Game, recently
 issued this bulletin:

 In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear
 conflicts, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game is
 advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra
 precautions and keep alert of bears while in the field.

 "We advise outdoorsmen to wear noisy little bells on
 their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren't
 expecting them.  We also advise outdoorsmen to carry
 pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with
 a bear.

 It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs
 of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the
 difference between black bear and grizzly bear manure:

 Black bear manure is smaller and contains lots of berries
 and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear manure has little bells in
 it and smells like pepper."

--- End Message ---