[OM] Hyperfocal distance-easy way?

Subject: [OM] Hyperfocal distance-easy way?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 02:49:48 EDT
Assuming I have set the aperture of my wide angle lens to be in focus from 5
feet to infinity, where should I focus on in the compostion to make sure I'm
focusing at the hyperfocal distance? Also assume that I am outdoors and have
a clear view of the horizon. I don't want to look at any charts and find the
distance numbers on the lens unreliable. If the top of the screen is on the
horizon and the bottom of the screen is at the closest focusing point, can I
just focus in the middle of the screen?

Warren