RE: [OM] questions about other low ev cameras

Subject: RE: [OM] questions about other low ev cameras
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 13:09:53 +0200
:On the other hand, my brochure indicates averaging range from
:-5EV to 19EV
:and spot range from 0 EV to 19 EV.

And the OM-4 manual says -7 EV ~ 19 EV. I think the difference can be
explained by referring either to the visible part of the spot metering range
which you use in manual mode - here 0 EV would correspond to F1.2 at 1 sec,
or referring to the extended range in Auto mode, where the result is no
longer visible - here -7 EV would correspond to 4 minutes, F1.2.
Another clue that the given exposure range 0 EV .. 19 EV indeed refers to
the manual mode is the range for the OM-3(Ti) which is identical.

Hans