Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts) - selective response

Subject: Re: [OM] In the studio (of sorts) - selective response
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:18:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Tom Scales wrote:

> I shouldn't have to do the work myself, meaning with a separate meter, with
> the possible exception of correction for the camera's tendency to believe
> that everything is a medium gray.

   The number of variables involved in a reflective reading (which is
what our beloved OTF/OMs do) are many. Interpreting them is a complex
thing. Knowledgeable experts routinely use flashmeters because they
work.
   OTF flash is good for quick journalistic style work, IMO. Tom,
a 3-light studio flash kit (with brollys), a decent flashmeter
and some foamcore panels as use for reflectors, and you'll be a
happy camper.

                                       *= Doris Fang =*